- 08:00 -- Registration
- 09:00 -- Opening Ceremony
- T1 -- "The Mitre ATT&CK Framework is for all of us, and it is time to pay attention to it" -- Michael Gough
- T2 -- "The Pentester Blueprint: A Guide to Becoming a Pentester" -- Phillip Wylie
- T3 -- "Cybersecurity Compliance and Legal Implications for 2019" -- Jason Edwards & Griffin Weaver
- T1 -- "Windows Internals and Threat Hunting with Volatility" -- Deepak Mahbubani
- T2 -- "Developer Attack Surface" -- Mark Morgan
- T3 -- "Rapid Fire Live Demos!" -- Andy Thompson
- T1 -- "Ur Shellz Belong to AWS: Pentesting challenges against serverless environments" -- Mark Clayton
- T2 -- "Gray(log) is the New Black" -- Megan Roddie
- T3 -- "The Secret Weapon to Fight InfoSec FUD" -- Olivia Stella
- 12:30 -- Lunch
- T1 -- "Singing the Blues: When Blue Team Kicks the Red Team's Arse" -- Tinker
- T2 -- "Radio hacking 101: a case study in how to DoS the global APRS network" -- Michael West
- T3 -- "Pseudorandom Meta Threat Intelligence. TL;DR - Lessons Learned from the Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report" -- Walter Abeson
- T1 -- "Vigilante Forensics" -- LitMoose
- T2 -- "Herding Happy Sheep - Securing an Open Environment" -- Chris Mercer
- T3 -- "Dora Explores the Fascinating World of Spreadsheets!" -- DoraTexplorer
- T1 -- "Dockerized Tooling for IH/IR" -- Chris Rooney
- T2 -- "Staying Offensive: The Changing Landscape of Offense" -- Tim Medin
- T3 -- "Community Panel"
- T1 -- "Reverse Engineering Ransomware" - A Guided Tour -- Wesley McGrew
- T2 -- "Building an Empire With (Iron)Python" -- Jim Shaver
- T3 -- "Community Panel" (cont.)
- 17:30 -- Closing Ceremony
Duck...Calm surface...insane padding underwater.
It has been one of those times, and some in management are still adapting to the finer points of delegation and oversight. Needless to say however we have been working to bring BSidesDFW 2018 together and provide quality content.
As we enter the last week and attempt to tie up all the loose ends, we hope to see you all very soon.
For the next 35 days 12 hours 30 minutes.
Just complete the CFP form, https://goo.gl/8iri8V
We have been uncharacteristically quiet and summer is rapidly coming to a close. Unfortunately we been working on an unexpected change of venue. As such we simply did not feel right chattering on about things to come, until we could say so with absolute certainty. While we are not ready to unveil the details, we do expect to be making an announcement very soon.
With that said we once again would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to Mr. Finney and the entire SMU team. They gave us two wonderful years in a great venue. We are not saying good-bye, merely 'See you later', as we intend to work them again in the future.Sign-up for Firetalks on-site.
In the interim. We have a formal CoC for 2018:
Security BSides Dallas - Fort Worth was founded to facilitate the exchange of information and the development of relationships. We welcome and encourage the expression and debate of ideas. We also recognize that we do not have to agree in order to listen to, and/or understand, a given point of view. However, there is a language and a behaviour that is appropriate and expected in achieving that discourse.
Harassment and/or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Any participant that experiences and/or witnesses inappropriate behaviour is expected to report said behaviour to event staff.
Any participant that experiences and/or witnesses inappropriate behaviour is encouraged to ask the offending individual to stop.
Any participant asked to stop a behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
Event organizers reserve the right to respond to observed and/or reported behaviour in a manner deemed appropriate, including but not limited to expulsion without refund and referral to the relevant authorities.
It is our goal to ensure that the event is welcoming, enjoyable, and safe for all participants.
Be exemplary for each other. See something, say something.
We look forward to making 2018 happen. See you soon.